Monday, October 20, 2008

a plea for those with two extra minutes today

Dear friends and others who have just stumbled on this blog and want to do a good deed,

I applied for a little writing job today (nothing big, don't get excited, Mom) and was going to include a link to the trailer for my short film Driftwood on the movie information website IMDB.com.

But... this is the Driftwood page on IMDB.com:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1071788

This is a little picture of what this page looks like at this exact moment, which is 9:48 am on Monday morning:


That's right. It says 3.2 stars. Three point two. Out of ten. And if you click on the little link next to the stars, you will see that it's a WEIGHTED average, meaning they use whatever math they want to, because the actual average is nowhere near 3.2 stars. PLUS there are eight "one star" votes from non-US users. Even though it essentially hasn't been screened or released outside of the US.

So here's what I'm asking: if you've seen the movie, and you liked it (more than say, three point two stars worth,) please do me a big favor and complete a free IMDB registration and vote for Driftwood. Or maybe even if you haven't seen it and you just think it might be better than three point two stars. Or even if you just like me better than three point two stars.

Here's a trailer for the movie, in case you don't want to judge just based on my blog/face/taste in poetry:

http://www.driftwoodthemovie.com/trailer

You know what... if you saw it and thought it was only a three point two stars movie, please go ahead and vote that way. At least I will know that people who have actually seen the movie are hating it.

And that is so much better.

7 comments:

  1. done and done. i like clicking stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are apparently not polling well in the key market demographic of "People who submitted movies to film festivals you received awards at, but they were denied from".

    Let that be a lesson to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Odd, it still only says 27 votes. I had already voted ten because I'm a good sister. But I rallied four others to vote as well and it hasn't shown yet. I wonder when it updates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i just voted a 10 for you and it said it counted my vote but it still says only 27 votes have been cast.

    so i'm not sure if my vote was counted or not.

    now i know how floridians feel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Hmmm. Pretty fishy, IMDB. I'm going to get to the bottom of this, even if I have to get the Supreme Court to make a ruling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. it went up 1/10th of a point today...

    ReplyDelete